Delivering Unique Home Care Service To Palos Verdes Area Seniors
Our in-home care services help improve the quality of life for our clients and their family members in Palos Verdes, Torrance, Redondo Beach, San Pedro, Manhattan Beach and other South Bay communities. Services offered include, but are not limited to, the following:
Supporting quality of life:
- Help client maintain routines, revive interests, and try new activities – anything from shopping the sales to attending a meeting for retired professionals.
- Help client stay in touch with friends, family, and the community.
- Read aloud from newspapers, magazines, novels, U.S. Postal mail, and e-mail.
- Help client organize family photos and mementos in albums to encourage engaging, meaningful conversations.
Promoting health and safety:
- Take client to doctor appointments. Coordinate with office staff to schedule follow-up, pick up prescriptions, clarify doctors’ instructions, and report to family.
- Remind client to take medications on time and as directed. Ensure prescriptions are refilled as needed.
- Encourage good nutrition. Prepare tasty meals that meet dietary needs. Offer enticing snacks and beverages throughout the day.
- Prepare foods to accommodate chewing and swallowing difficulties.
- Provide unobtrusive supervision. Tactfully redirect client from unsafe activity.
- Encourage safe exercise. Walk with client. Do prescribed exercises together.
- Provide sensitive reminders of correct use of cane or walker.
Helping with household management:
- Prioritize jobs that aren’t getting done; help with completion.
- Run errands with client: e.g., grocery store, bank, library, hairdresser, post office.
- Pick-up and straighten objects; dust and vacuum.
- Wash and iron clothes.
- Change and wash linens.
- Clean out closets and cabinets. Help dispose of unwanted items.
- Clean out refrigerator. Discard spoiled and expired food.
Providing physical assistance when needed:
- Help client get dressed and undressed.
- Help client shower, shampoo, and shave.
- Help client use the toilet, while protecting dignity and privacy.
- Help with grooming, e.g., style hair, help with make-up, file nails, and protect skin.
- Provide safe assistance getting in and out of bed, chairs, wheelchairs, and cars.
- Put on elastic stockings and other supports.
Specialized Dementia & Alzheimer’s Care
Dementia takes people in many directions. Let us create a care plan uniquely designed for your loved one.
More about Senior and Elder Memory Care Services
Respite Care for Family Members
Caring for loved ones can be a full-time job, so let us free up some time for you! Respite care can be important both for the senior and the family caregiver.
LVN Care and other Care Coordination
We help with the coordination of LVN supervision of your loved one, and we assist with placement in a nursing home and/or independent living facility if that becomes the best direction for the client.
Call A Peace of Mind Home Care Solutions in Palos Verdes at (310) 377-3776 for a free in-home assessment or learn more about us here.